Breaking News

 HOW I EMERGED THE 1ST OLU OF OKE ALO, GBAGADA – OBA ELECT, IDOWU AKEEM OLOMITUTU



Prince Idowu Akeem O. Arubo (a.k.a. Olomitutu) is the Oba-elect of Olu of Oke-Alo, Gbagada. It was no doubt a unanimous decision between the royal family of Adoyi to appoint him to represent them as the new Olu of Oke, Gbagada after the necessary procedure has been put in place. Adoyi family comprises of 2 branches; Fadun branch and Odo-Oya branch.  Idowu Akeem Arubo is from the Odo Oya branch.


 He is a man described by many as a worthy and reliable candidate for the post. In a brief interview with City People TV team led by SUNDAY ADIGUN, Prince Idowu, the Oba-elect shared how surprising it was for him to emerge the Oba-elect of Ole-Alo Gbagada. He also spoke on his mission to unite the Adoyi’s family when he becomes king. Below are the excerpts.
We heard you are the new Oba-elect of Oke-Alo, Gbagada, how do you feel?
To God be the glory, I never knew, nor believe anything like this will happen. I didn’t even know I am from a royal family not to talk of becoming a king. I was just doing my own, attending the family meeting every Sunday in Isale-Eko, and at our Olori-Ebi house. I remembered we went to a laywer one day and he said why can’t we appoint an Oba-elect, that if we have Oba-elect, it will be easy for us to retrieve all our properties back. We couldn’t even give him any response that day, we just left individually to our various homes. Then, later I noticed that they started compiling names. If I could remember they picked 4 candidates from my branch, which is Odu-Oya. They said they are going to consult Ifa to choose the best candidate to be the Oba-elect and after the consultation I was told I had been appointed by Ifa to be the Oba-elect of Adoyi Fadun Alashe.
After that, we now started the process. The initial plan was to be the Oba-elect of Ojuwoye, to become Alashe of Ojuwoye until we discovered that our name came out at Alausa; that our family, Alashe is entitled to rule as Oba of Oke-Alo, Anthony Oke, Gbagada in 2017.
Then the family agreed to consult the oracle again to appoint who will represent Adoyi/Fadun Alashe in Anthony Gbagada, Oke-Alo, and I was chosen again for the 2nd time. Even the Ifa-priest was from the opposition house. I was so happy, not because of the throne but the opportunity to bring the 2 families together, to unite and get all our entitlements. How these families will unite will be my first assignment by God’s grace because it is what matters to me.
How do you plan to unite the 2 families?
Like I said, uniting the 2 families will be my first primary assignment. The 2 families can testify to it that I don’t have any enemy among them. Adoyi/Fadun Alashe is a very big family, we are many, and if you want to unite the two families you must be their friend. I have never had any misunderstanding with anyone. My wish is for the families to become one, and it will happen by God’s grace.
Let’s talk about your life, your journey so far to this point of becoming the Oba-elect of Oke-Alo Gbagada?
I thank God, I am a bonafide Lagosian. I was born and brought up here in Lagos. I went to Alimosho Primary School, Alimosho Grammar School then to the University of Ilorin to study Business Admin. I thank God, I am a businessman. I always travel abroad to buy goods and re-sell here in Nigeria. I am the CEO of Noble Party Drinks, also the CEO of Nobles Hotel and Lodge.
I started working with Baota Construction Company at my tender age. We built Canaan Land together, after which we were transferred to Abuja. Later, I noticed that we were almost done with the project in Abuja and we were just casual staff with Baota Construction Company, I applied for job at Nigeria Law School in Abuja and I was given a job. I worked there for about 6/7 years before I returned back to Lagos.
On getting to Lagos, I started working at Flour Mill in Apapa for 5 years, after that I started my own business, Noble Party Drinks. It was from there I knew so many people and I started working with them. That is my journey.

No comments